for Dependable, Efficient and Visible deliveries.
The RodfordBuilt delivery bike is your dependable work horse, designed to be simple, reliable and quick about town. It is equipped with a lightweight/durable aluminium and twin-walled polypropylene cargo box with a weather proof vinyl cover for when you need to carry more than you thought. Box capacity is a whopping 210,000 cubic cm’s or 7.5 cubic feet. Box width is 600mm and it is ideally suited to custom graphics or stickers.
Happily to work all year around the bike comes equipped with mudguards, puncture proof marathon plus tyres, dynamo lights, chain-guard and wheels built with super-strong 14g spokes.
Your own effort can be boosted by the dependable Shimano E6000 Steps motor, driving via a strong drive chain to a maintenance free NuVinci infinitely variable gear hub and hauled to a stop by self adjusting Hydraulic Shimano disc brakes. A rear rack is also fitted because you can’t have too much haulage space.
Shimano Steps E6000 crank drive Electric assist
- lightest, most compact motors on the market.
- Strong yet intelligent pedalling support for a solid, natural feel.
- Incredibly easy to operate.
- Very durable to handle all weather conditions.
Nuvinci N380 gear hub
- Stepless shifting
- effortless smooth shifting, even under load
- Greater gear ratio range than many conventional shifting systems
- Clean and low maintenance
Hydraulic Shimano Disc Brakes *
- Opposed 2-piston design reduces leading effect and optimal pad wear increases braking control
- Brake lever features reach adjustment for perfect custom fit
- * Options available inc Shimano Roller brakes
Comfortable Steel Chassis
- Comfortable frame, an adjustable riding position for your style of urban riding.
- Adaptable chassis, Splittable for adapting to changing circumstances.
- Low Dekker design, keeping weight low down, for stability comfort and manoeuvrability.
Puncture proof tyres from Schwalbe *
- Everyday piece of mind. with Schwalbes “flat-less” (Protection 7) Marathon plus tyres.
- Reflective sideways for max visibility all year around.
- * The puncture protection is the best you can get, but be aware that punctures can still happen.
- Battery free dynamo lights, to show you the way and get you seen.
- lights that are always fitted, always ready, difficult to steal.
- Our lights stay lit for 3 minutes after you have stopped pedalling (standlight feature)
- Several lighting packages to suit your circumstances.
UK designed and built, with a direct line to the builders in Bristol
- We design our bikes to be simple, strong and comfortable.
- We are accessible, use our expertise to build the bike that works best for you.
- We care, we look after you and we look after our bikes.
- We have an honest frame warranty, if you look after it, it should last a long time, if it doesn’t, we sort it.
For our delivery bikes we build them how we know they will be used. So The best puncture protection tyres, the most effectively sealed hubs, the most reliable drive chain components and a good strong frameset that is easy to ride. Add to that mix a custom build and colour option and you have a UK designed and built delivery solution that we know will serve you well.
FRAMES AND FORK
Rear frame Carbon Steel
Front frame 500mm / 700 mm Carbon steel
Colour Grey/Black – Powder coated (custom colours available)
Fork Steel – QR 9 mm Axle
Kickstand Carbon Steel, Sprung
WHEELS,BRAKES AND STEERING
Rear hubs 135 mm – 36H 2.3mm spoke– 10 mm Axle – Black/Silver
Front hubs 100 mm – 36H 2,3mm spoke– QR 9 mm Axle – Black/Silver
Rims 20″+ 26″- 36H – Mach1 Kargo Alu Dble side –
Tyres Schwalbe Marathon plus 26”+20”x1.75”
Brakes Shimano Acera Hydraulic – Disk 160 mm (deore option)
Mudguards Madison Plastic 60mm, (Steel powder coated option)
Steering Steering by sturdy Steel direct steer arm
R/F Headset 1″ 1/8 sealed bearing
Handlebar North road / Straight /Hi Rise
Stem Ahead 28.6mm
Grips Lock on rubber
Saddle Unisex comfort /Brooks/Gilles Berthoud
Seatpost Shimed 27.2mm
Seatclamp Allen or Q/R 34.9mm
Pedals non slip
axles Front hex security q/r. Rear Nutted hub
Gearing NuVinci N380 18t sprocket
Gear ratios S1: 2.2 m – S8: 8.2 m gear inch 27.2 – 103.3
Bottom bracket Internal 68 mm – 1.37”x24t
Chain KMC x1