(the city just got smaller)
The Rodford Built T1 DART consists of our lodekka chassis ensuring stable low centre of gravity, quick yet stable steering and a usefully sized load bay. Left bare or equiped with wooden deck , a crate or box, large carry bag is a fantastically fun way to move around.
This one size fits most urban mover is built with the 10 speed zee derailer gearing in mind. Keeping weigh low and providing quick shifting with and a good range of gears. Thinner faster tyres and no frills as standard its the racer of the range. . As with all of our range, it is available with either the Shimano steps E6000 eassist version with Nuvinci technology rear hub gear shifting or Shimano Alfine 8 speed manual gearbox.
Perhaps upgrade to dynamo lighting at the front for all year around riding and safety and disc brakes for assured stopping. Feel free to fit a chainguard, fenders and a rear rack, all are compatable.
You can take away from this specification, or add to it…but out of the box this spec will be the basis for a quick fun urban mover.
Other options include Steps Di2 8speed Alfine gears. 5 speed sturmey archer gears, dynamo lights front and rear, custom colours and tyre options.
Early bird offer…Any colour paint you like providing our painter has it.
for the manual 10 speed Zee drivetrain, schwalbe big apple tyres, Shimano Acera Hydro brakes £1850. (name your spec and we will price it, but this is nice set up for a sporty run about…)
Comfortable Steel Chassis
- Comfortable frame, an adjustable riding position for your style of urban riding.
- Adaptable all-steel chassis, Split-able for holidays or adapting to changing circumstances.
- Low Dekker design, keeping weight low down, for stability comfort and manoeuvrability.
- front flatbed cargo flatbed of 500 cm
Three Gearing Options
10 speed Zee derailleur system or Alfine 8 speed hub gear
- 36T chain set with 170mm crank
- 11T – 34T cassette (27 -> 87 gear inches) Zee
- Gear Ratio Total Difference : 307% Alfine
Shimano Steps E6000 crank drive Electric assist with NuVinci N380 gear hub
- lightest, most compact motors on the market.
- Strong yet intelligent pedalling support for a solid, natural feel.
- Incredibly easy to operate.
- Very durable to handle all weather conditions.
Hydraulic Shimano Disc Brakes *
- Opposed 2-piston design reduces leading effect and optimal pad wear increases braking control
- Brake lever features reach adjustment for perfect custom fit
- * Options available inc Shimano Roller brakes
Puncture proof tyres from Schwalbe *
- Everyday piece of mind with Schwalbe’s “flat-less” (Protection 7) Marathon plus tyres.
- Reflective sideways for max visibility all year around.
- * The puncture protection is the best you can get, but s*!t can still happen.
- Battery free dynamo lights, to show you the way and get you seen.
- lights that are always fitted, always ready, difficult to steal.
- Our lights stay lit for 3 minutes after you have stopped pedalling (stand-light feature)
- Several lighting packages to suit your circumstances.
UK designed and built, with a direct line to the builders in Bristol
- We design our bikes to be simple, strong and comfortable.
- We are accessible, use our expertise to build the bike that works best for you.
- We care, we look after you and we look after our bikes.
- We have an honest frame warranty, if you look after it, it should last a long time, if it doesn’t, we sort it.
Build your bike here on our configurator.
FRAMES AND FORK
Rear frame Carbon Steel
Front frame 500mm / 700 mm Carbon steel
Colour Grey/Black – Powder coated (custom colours available)
Fork Steel – QR 9 mm Axle
Kickstand Carbon Steel, Sprung
WHEELS,BRAKES AND STEERING
Rear hubs 135 mm – 36H 2.3mm spoke– 10 mm Axle – Black/Silver
Front hubs 100 mm – 36H 2,3mm spoke– QR 9 mm Axle – Black/Silver
Rims 20″+ 26″- 36H – Mach1 Kargo Alu Dble side –
Tyres Schwalbe Delta Cruiser 26”+20”x1.75”
Brakes Shimano Acera Hydraulic – Disk 160 mm
Mudguards Madison Plastic 60mm, (Steel powder coated option)
Steering Steering by sturdy Steel direct steer arm
R/F Headset 1″ 1/8 sealed bearing
Handlebar North road / Straight /Hi rise
Stem Ahead 28.6mm
Grips Lock on rubber
Saddle Unisex comfort /Brooks/Gilles Berthoud
Seatpost Shimed 27.2mm
Seatclamp Allen or Q/R 34.9mm
Pedals non slip
axles Front q/r Rear nutted
Gearing NuVinci N380 18t sprocket
Gear ratios S1: 2.2 m – S8: 8.2 m gear inch 27.2 – 103.3
Bottom bracket Internal 68 mm – 1.37”x24t