Long John just ordered a full English
The Rodford Built T1 JAVELIN consists of our longer lodekka chassis providing a stable low centre of gravity, our trademark quick yet stable steering and a class beating load bay. Left bare or equipped with wooden deck , a crate or box, large carry bag, the Javelin is a fantastically fun way to move around. This chassis is ideal for creating your own child carrier, a work bike or just for hooning around on.
s with all of our range, it is available with either the Shimano steps E6000 e-assist version with Nuvinci technology rear hub gear shifting, or manual Shimano Alfine 8 speed gearing or even the Shiimano Zee 10 speed derailer for a lighter faster feeling setup.
Perhaps upgrade to dynamo lighting at the front for all year around riding and safety and disc brakes for assured stopping. Feel free to fit a chainguard, fenders and a rear rack, all are compatible.
If you tell us your circumstances we will advise a specification just for you.
You can take away from this specification, or add to it…but out of the box this spec will be the basis for a quick fun urban mover.
Other options include Steps Di2 8speed Alfine gears. 5 speed sturmey acher gears, dynamo lights front and rear, custom colours and tyre options.
Standard colour for this season is midnight grey. Orders placed before February 14th will qualify for FREE custom colour on frame (as long as the painter has it).
Comfortable Steel Chassis
- Comfortable frame, an adjustable riding position for your style of urban riding.
- Adaptable chassis, Split-able for holidays or adapting to changing circumstances.
- Low Dekker design, keeping weight low down, for stability comfort and manoeuvrability.
- two front flatbed cargo lengths 400 cm
- 750 cm
Three Gearing Options
10 speed Zee derailleur system or Alfine 8 speed hub gear
- 36T chain set with 170mm crank
- 11T – 34T cassette (27 -> 87 gear inches) Zee
- Gear Ratio Total Difference : 307% Alfine
Shimano Steps E6000 crank drive Electric assist with NuVinci N380 gear hub
- lightest, most compact motors on the market.
- Strong yet intelligent pedalling support for a solid, natural feel.
- Incredibly easy to operate.
- Very durable to handle all weather conditions.
Hydraulic Shimano Disc Brakes *
- Opposed 2-piston design reduces leading effect and optimal pad wear increases braking control
- Brake lever features reach adjustment for perfect custom fit
- * Options available inc Shimano Roller brakes
Puncture proof tyres from Schwalbe *
- Everyday piece of mind with Schwalbe’s “flat-less” (Protection 7) Marathon plus tyres.
- Reflective sideways for max visibility all year around.
- * The puncture protection is the best you can get, but s*!t can still happen.
- Battery free dynamo lights, to show you the way and get you seen.
- lights that are always fitted, always ready, difficult to steal.
- Our lights stay lit for 3 minutes after you have stopped pedalling (stand-light feature)
- Several lighting packages to suit your circumstances.
UK designed and built, with a direct line to the builders in Bristol
- We design our bikes to be simple, strong and comfortable.
- We are accessible, use our expertise to build the bike that works best for you.
- We care, we look after you and we look after our bikes.
- We have an honest frame warranty, if you look after it, it should last a long time, if it doesn’t, we sort it.
“My Javelin is ace. Sizzles my Dachshund loves riding up front as we breeze through the city traffic.”
Build your bike here on our configurator.
FRAMES AND FORK
Rear frame Carbon Steel
Front frame 500mm / 700 mm Carbon steel
Colour Grey/Black – Powder coated (custom colours available)
Fork Steel – QR 9 mm Axle
Kickstand Carbon Steel, Sprung
WHEELS,BRAKES AND STEERING
Rear hubs 135 mm – 36H 2.3mm spoke– 10 mm Axle – Black/Silver
Front hubs 100 mm – 36H 2,3mm spoke– QR 9 mm Axle – Black/Silver
Rims 20″+ 26″- 36H – Mach1 Kargo Alu Dble side –
Tyres Schwalbe Delta Cruiser 26”+20”x1.75”
Brakes Shimano Acera Hydraulic – Disk 160 mm
Mudguards Madison Plastic 60mm, (Steel powder coated option)
Steering Steering by sturdy Steel direct steer arm
R/F Headset 1″ 1/8 sealed bearing
Handlebar North road / Straight /Hi rise
Stem Ahead 28.6mm
Grips Lock on rubber
Saddle Unisex comfort /Brooks/Gilles Berthoud
Seatpost Shimed 27.2mm
Seatclamp Allen or Q/R 34.9mm
Pedals non slip
axles Front q/r Rear nutted
Gearing NuVinci N380 18t sprocket
Gear ratios S1: 2.2 m – S8: 8.2 m gear inch 27.2 – 103.3
Bottom bracket Internal 68 mm – 1.37”x24t