Long John just ordered a full English
The Rodford Built T1 JAVELIN consists of our longer lodekka chassis providing a stable low centre of gravity, our trademark quick yet stable steering and a class beating load bay. The load bay can be Left bare or equipped with wooden deck , a crate or box, large carry bag, the Javelin is a fantastically fun way to move around. This chassis is ideal for creating your own child carrier, a work bike or just for moving quickly around town.
As with all of our range, it is available with either the Shimano steps E6000/E6100 e-assist version with Enviolo technology rear hub gear shifting, manual or Di2 Shimano Alfine 8 speed gearing or even the Shimano Zee 10 speed derailer for a lighter faster feeling setup.
We very much enjoy dynamo lighting for all year around riding, safety and convenience, we like the function and the look of a chainguard (chainglider), fenders front and rear and a rear rack so we offer all these things and more as options.
If you tell us your circumstances we will advise a specification just for you.
Prices from £1600 (manual) to £3900 (Ebike)
Standard frame colour for this season is midnight grey. we can build with coloured rims or coloured forks , Orders placed now will qualify for FREE custom colour on frame (as long as the painter has it).
Comfortable Steel Chassis
- Comfortable frame, an adjustable riding position for your style of urban riding.
- Adaptable chassis, for longer term ownership with its changing circumstances. long or shirt decks, add or remove built in Edrive.
- Low Dekker design, keeping weight low down, for stability comfort and manoeuvrability.
- two front flatbed cargo lengths 400 cm and 700
- Three Gearing Options
Choice of gearing,
- 38T chain set with 170mm crank with 11T – 34T cassette (27 -> 87 gear inches) Zee derailleur external gearing
- 8 speed Alfine hub gear with a Gear Ratio Total Difference : 307%
- Enviolo Cargo Infinitely variable hub drive. 380%
- Sturmey archer 5 speed 243%
Shimano Steps E6000/E6100 crank drive Electric assist
- lightest, most compact motors on the market.
- Strong yet intelligent pedalling support for a solid, natural feel.
- Incredibly easy to operate.
- Very durable to handle all weather conditions.
Hydraulic Shimano Disc Brakes *
- Opposed 2-piston design reduces leading effect and optimal pad wear increases braking control
- Brake lever features reach adjustment for perfect custom fit
- * Options available inc Shimano Roller brakes
Puncture proof tyres from Schwalbe *
- Everyday piece of mind with Schwalbe’s “flat-less” (Protection 7) Marathon plus tyres as an option, great Schwalbe tyres as standard..
- Reflective sideways for max visibility all year around.
- The puncture protection is the best you can get,
- Battery free dynamo lights, to show you the way and get you seen.
- lights that are always fitted, always ready, difficult to steal.
- Our lights stay lit for 3 minutes after you have stopped pedalling (stand-light feature)
- Several lighting packages to suit your circumstances.
UK designed and built, with a direct line to the builders in Bristol
- We design our bikes to be simple, strong and comfortable.
- We are accessible, use our expertise to build the bike that works best for you.
- We care, we look after you and we look after our bikes.
- We have an honest frame warranty, if you look after it, it should last a long time, if it doesn’t, we sort it.
FRAMES AND FORK
Rear frame Carbon Steel
Front frame 400mm / 700 mm Carbon steel
Colour Grey/Black – Powder coated (custom colours available)
Fork Steel – QR 9 mm Axle
Kickstand Carbon Steel, Sprung
WHEELS,BRAKES AND STEERING
Rear hubs 135 mm – 36H 2.0mm spoke– 10 mm Axle – Black/Silver
Front hubs 100 mm – 36H 2,0mm spoke– QR 9 mm Axle – Black/Silver
Rims 20″+ 26″- 36H – Mach1 Kargo Alu Dble side –
Tyres Schwalbe Delta Cruiser 26”+20”x1.75”
Brakes Shimano Hydraulic – Disk 160 / 180mm
Mudguards Madison Plastic 60mm, (Steel powder coated option)
Steering Steering by sturdy Steel direct steer arm with bushing
R/F Headset 1″ 1/8 sealed bearing
Handlebar North road / Straight /Hi rise
Stem Ahead 28.6mm
Grips Lock on rubber
Saddle Unisex comfort /Brooks/Gilles Berthoud
Seatpost Shimed 27.2mm
Seatclamp Allen or Q/R 34.9mm
Pedals non slip Wellgo C220
axles Front q/r Rear nutted
Gearing Shimano Zee 10 speed / Enviolo N380 /Shimano Alfine 8
Gear ratios depends / 380% / 307%
Bottom bracket Internal 68 mm – 1.37”x24t
Specs are subject to change without notice. Hit us up with specific requirements or questions.