Simple, Adaptable, Reliable factory site transport
This style of cargobike is buit in the long John style. The history of Long John Bicycle is traced to Denmark circa 1923. The Smith & Co. Company (SCO – founded by Ivar Smith and Robert Jacobsen in Odense, Denmark 17 October 1894) was the inventor and the first to build this type of cargo bicycle, they were used primarily in the on the lengthy dockside to move good from one end of the docks to the other.
We are proud to be able to offer a British cargobike in the long john style offering a rugged simple load carrier ideal for large factory sites.
As with all our products they are handbuilt (abeit with some modern help) so can be easily adapted for your specific needs.
choose from a very basic single speed with back pedal brake, to roller or drum brakes front and rear with 3/5/8 speeds. )(or Eassist)
let us know your requirements and we will put a package together for you..
Single speed with coaster brake or 3/5 speed drum brake hub gears
- simple and dependable, clean gearing and braking
- Incredibly easy to operate.
- Very durable to handle all weather conditions.
Stable centre stand for safe loading and parking
- spring loaded centre stand
- low centre of gravity load deck
- centre stand deployable from astride the bike
- strong 25mm wide rims handbuilt with 2.3mm spokes for extra durability
- hubs chosen for their strength and durability.
Comfortable Steel Chassis
- Comfortable frame, an adjustable riding position for your style of urban riding.
- Adaptable chassis, Splittable, with alternate front ends for adapting to changing circumstances.
- Low Dekker design, keeping weight low down, for stability comfort and manoeuvrability.
Puncture proof tyres from Schwalbe *
- Everyday piece of mind. with Schwalbes “flat-less” (Protection 7) Marathon plus tyres.
- Reflective sideways for max visibility all year around.
- * The puncture protection is the best you can get, but s*!t can still happen.
Dynamo light option *
- Battery free dynamo lights, to show you the way and get you seen.
- lights that are always fitted, always ready, difficult to steal.
- Our lights stay lit for 3 minutes after you have stopped pedalling (standlight feature)
- Several lighting packages to suit your circumstances.
- * not suitable for many chemical plants, dynamo hubs have a spark risk.
UK designed and built, with a direct line to the builders in Bristol
- We design our bikes to be simple, strong and comfortable.
- We are accessible, use our expertise to build the bike that works best for you.
- We care, we look after you and we look after our bikes.
- We have an honest frame warranty, if you look after it, it should last a long time, if it doesn’t, we sort it.
Build your bike here on our configurator.
FRAMES AND FORK
Rear frame Carbon Steel
Front frame 500mm / 700 mm Carbon steel
Colour Grey/Black – Powder coated (custom colours available)
Fork Steel – QR 9 mm Axle
Kickstand Carbon Steel, Sprung
WHEELS,BRAKES AND STEERING
Rear hubs 135 mm – 36H 2.3mm spoke– 10 mm Axle – Black/Silver
Front hubs 100 mm – 36H 2,3mm spoke– QR 9 mm Axle – Black/Silver
Rims 20″+ 26″- 36H – Mach1 Kargo Alu Dble side –
Tyres Schwalbe Delta Cruiser 26”+20”x1.75”
Mudguards Madison Plastic 60mm, (Steel powder coated option)
Steering Steering by sturdy Steel direct steer arm
R/F Headset 1″ 1/8 sealed bearing
Handlebar North road / Straight /Hi rise
Stem Ahead 28.6mm
Grips Lock on rubber
Saddle Unisex comfort /Brooks/Gilles Berthoud
Seatpost Shimed 27.2mm
Seatclamp Allen or Q/R 34.9mm
Pedals non slip
axles Front q/r Rear nutted
Gearing Hub Gear (Single speed, 3 or 5 gear)
Gear ratios S1: 2.2 m – S8: 8.2 m gear inch 27.2 – 103.3
Bottom bracket Internal 68 mm – 1.37”x24t