Comfortable, Reliable, for all the seasons
The Rodford Built T1 family bike consists of our longer lodekka chassis providing a stable low centre of gravity, our trademark quick yet stable steering and a class beating load bay. Our chassis is designed to facilitate easy fitting of our own cargo and family boxes, but also for it to be easy for the more adept of you out there to build your own cargo or family box. The Dutch box bikes such as the bakfiets.NL just have a wooden bench seat and a 3 point harness, perfectly adequate for 1000’s of users around the world. in our own boxes we try to move the function up a notch, our modular box consists of ply and ali panels, a bench or single seat, lap or 5 point harness. In truth we are working through rain tent options and finalising the box design,but don’t let that put you off…early Rodford Built owners will get updated products at a good discount.
This one size fits most urban mover is built with the 8 speed Alfine hub gear in mind. This enables swift gear changes even when stopped, enables disc brake to be used and is very low maintenance. with a dynamo front wheel and front light (rear dyno light optional) you get all year around lighting.
We know that not everyone is built for speed, we also know that a growing family means more weight, hilly terrain can also occur on the school run which is why we make the Family in a Ebike version. Using the Shimano Steps E6000 crank drive motor and the Nuvinci N380 hub gear, its a refined, we tested combination that get you there quicker and and unflustered. As with all of our range, it is available with 10 speed Zee or even a sturmey archer 5 speed for flatter terrains and flatter wallets. (similar range as a Shimano nexus 7 speed)
The family version comes with chainguard, fenders and a rear rack, although you can ask for these to be left off..
You can take away from this specification, or add to it…but out of the box this spec will be the basis for a comfortable , reliable kid mover and general runabout.
Other options include Steps Di2 8speed Alfine gears. 5 speed sturmey acher gears, dynamo lights front and rear, custom colours and tyre options.
Standard colour for this season is midnight grey. Custom colours are possible for an additional fee.
Prices from £1595 inc VAT, more pictures to follow..
Spacious cabin with windscreen options.
We have designed a kid carrying box that is simple adaptable and with everyday usage in mind.
- Semi recumbent low seating,
- storage cubby hole
- optional fixed sturdy windscreen
- optional flexible side screens.
- Buy complete, as a kit, or ‘built your own’ parts pack.
Shimano Steps E6000 crank drive Electric assist
- lightest, most compact motors on the market.
- Strong yet intelligent pedalling support for a solid, natural feel.
- Incredibly easy to operate.
- Very durable to handle all weather conditions.
Nuvinci N380 gear hub
- Stepless shifting
- effortless smooth shifting, even under load
- Greater gear ratio range than many conventional shifting systems
- Clean and low maintenance
Hydraulic Shimano Disc Brakes *
- Opposed 2-piston design reduces leading effect and optimal pad wear increases braking control
- Brake lever features reach adjustment for perfect custom fit
- * Options available inc Shimano Roller brakes
Comfortable Steel Chassis
- Comfortable frame, an adjustable riding position for your style of urban riding.
- Adaptable chassis, Splittable for holidays or adapting to changing circumstances.
- Low Dekker design, keeping weight low down, for stability comfort and manoeuvrability.
Puncture proof tyres from Schwalbe *
- Everyday piece of mind. with Schwalbes “flat-less” (Protection 7) Marathon plus tyres.
- Reflective sideways for max visibility all year around.
- * The puncture protection is the best you can get, but s*!t can still happen.
- Battery free dynamo lights, to show you the way and get you seen.
- lights that are always fitted, always ready, difficult to steal.
- Our lights stay lit for 3 minutes after you have stopped pedalling (standlight feature)
- Several lighting packages to suit your circumstances.
UK designed and built, with a direct line to the builders in Bristol
- We design our bikes to be simple, strong and comfortable.
- We care, we look after you and we look after our bikes.
- We have an honest frame warranty, if you look after it, it should last a long time, if it doesn’t, we sort it.
Build your bike here on our configurator.
FRAMES AND FORK
Rear frame Carbon Steel
Front frame 500mm / 700 mm Carbon steel
Colour Grey/Black – Powder coated (custom colours available)
Fork Steel – QR 9 mm Axle
Kickstand Carbon Steel, Sprung
WHEELS,BRAKES AND STEERING
Rear hubs 135 mm – 36H 2.3mm spoke– 10 mm Axle – Black/Silver
Front hubs 100 mm – 36H 2,3mm spoke– QR 9 mm Axle – Black/Silver
Rims 20″+ 26″- 36H – Mach1 Kargo Alu Dble side –
Tyres Schwalbe Delta Cruiser 26”+20”x1.75”
Brakes Shimano Acera Hydraulic – Disk 160 mm
Mudguards Madison Plastic 60mm, (Steel powder coated option)
Steering Steering by sturdy Steel direct steer arm
R/F Headset 1″ 1/8 sealed bearing
Handlebar North road / Straight /Hi rise
Stem Ahead 28.6mm
Grips Lock on rubber
Saddle Unisex comfort /Brooks/Gilles Berthoud
Seatpost Shimed 27.2mm
Seatclamp Allen or Q/R 34.9mm
Pedals non slip
axles Front q/r Rear nutted
Gearing NuVinci N380 18t sprocket
Gear ratios S1: 2.2 m – S8: 8.2 m gear inch 27.2 – 103.3
Bottom bracket Internal 68 mm – 1.37”x24t
Specs are subject to change without notice. Hit us up with specific requirements or questions.